So you just plugged in your Playbook and… It’s not charging???
Recently a lot of Playbook users have been left in the dark due to their Playbooks no longer charging. Believe it or not, this is a known issue with the Playbook device. I recently came across a Playbook with this issue and here’s the solution RIM has suggested to fix the charging problem:
1. First, connect tablet to BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet MicroUSB Wall Charger.
2. Charge the tablet for 2 minutes.
3. Disconnect the tablet and wait 30 to 40 seconds.
4. Connect the tablet again and charge for 2 more minutes.
5. Repeat 6 times to build enough charge to turn the device on.
6. Press the power button for 20 seconds while on the 6th 2 min charge.
7. Wait 5 seconds and then press the power button again, just one time.
8. Leave the PlayBook charging for at least four hours.
Talk about an awkward resolution! I haven’t tested this out yet but it’s worth a shot!
Good Luck Playbookers!
Written By: Amardeep Juneja